THINGS TO CONSIDER
BEFORE YOU ORDER
YOUR BUSHMANS TANK
How much water storage do you need?
Think about how you will use the water? Is it for drinking only, the garden or general use (toilets etc). Some simple calculations will tell you whether you need a small, medium or large tank. There is a size in the BUSHMANS range to suit all requirements.
What plumbing fittings do you require?
Tanks above 5,000 litres come with a ball valve, overflow, strainer & flex hose kit. Tanks 5,000 litres and below come with ballvalve, overflow and leaf strainer. Extra fittings/accessories are available upon request.
Do you need a pump to go with your tank?
Bushmans have a variety of pumps to suit your needs.
Where is it going to be sited?
You can mount your tank against a wall, on the ground or on a stand. Measure the space you have and select a tank to suit.
Can you prepare the site?
Proper site preparation is essential to allow you to enjoy the long life of your BUSHMANS tank. Detailed guidelines will be supplied to allow you to prepare your site prior to delivery.
The Six Step BUSHMANS installation guide is a comprehensive guide on how to install a BUSHMANS Water Tank. Rain water tank installation is critcal to the effectivenes of your tank and it is important this guide is followed to ensure a long life for your tanks. If this guide is not followed then BUSHMANS guarantee may be voided.
What access will the delivery truck need?
BUSHMANS will deliver your tank to your door, access permitting. Check whether there is room to accommodate a delivery truck or truck & trailer of this size or discuss possible alternatives with your Distributor or BUSHMANS.
How much is DELIVERY of your tank?
BUSHMANS specialised trucks & drivers will deliver your new Bushman tank FREE to most areas. Check with your friendly Distirbutor.
How much water can you catch?
A simple calculation will determine your potential water catchment. Every m2 of roof equals 1 litre of water for every 1 mm of rain. Multiply your total m2 of roof area (roof pitch doesn’t alter the amount of catchment) by your annual rainfall average and you will have the total potential catchment for a year.
Maintenance of My Tank
Water tanks must be maintained to keep your tank and the water in it clean. The amount of maintenance is periodic and minimal. There are some simple steps that need to be followed;
- Check the screens to ensure they are in good condition to prevent rodents, birds and other animals, including mosquitoes, from getting inside the tank
- Minimise organic matter build up by cleaning gutters and down pipes
- The gutters and screens should be cleaned two to three times per year, depending on the amount of leaf litter and other material around the building. Between big rainfalls clean gutters and screens. Flush out first flush systems.
- Clean out sludge in bottom of tank every few years
- If your tank is contaminated, under no circumstances use kerosene. Kerosene is corrosive to plastic tanks. Avoid other oil based products in plastic rainwater tanks.
- Use chlorine if you need to kill pathogens.
- If you buy a used water tank you need ensure you carry out the maintenance prior to using it.
Basix Building Requirement:
Phone Basix helpline: 1300 650 908 business hours only